[Sca-cooks] Book Questions...

Alexa mysticgypsy1008 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 05:22:49 PDT 2005

Thanks for the info.  As far as what kind of books am
I looking for. Well, of course I need books w/
recipes.  But also having an idea of what food came
about when and where is helpful.. That is why I
checked both the books out that I have right now.

As long as I can remember, I have been cooking in the
kitchen.  I have been in the SCA for about 8 years
now, and have always enjoyed helping in the kitchen at
various events.  I thought it was about time I start
doing more than just being there as an extra pair of
hands and thought the best place to start was finding
a general history of food.  The only period cook books
I have are the 2 volumes of Cindy Renfrow's Take a
Thousand Eggs or More.   Although I do have probably
over a hundred mondern cook books.
Again, thanks for the info.

Alexa