[Sca-cooks] Pork Fruitcake - Is This a Joke?

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Mon Apr 11 15:36:28 PDT 2005

Tara Sersen Boroson wrote:

[snip]

> That said, I've been experimenting with roasting chickens
> at low temps for long times, on the advice of the farm
> where I buy them.  I put one in last week at 200 degrees
> and expected it to take about 6-7 hours.  I checked the
> temp at 6 hours, and it was 203 degrees and the chicken
> just fell apart.

I remember doing clay pot cooking and seeing the chicken
done to perfection, moist and falling apart.

That was with the oven set to 480 for 80 minutes ... but
I had no way of telling how hot it was inside the clay pot.

Remember that type of cooking starts with an unglazed clay
pot soaked in water; generally the ingredients all go in
together; don't preheat the oven; cook for the specified
time; use heavy gloves to move the pot from the oven to a
safe non metallic surface.

LOL

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

So much wisdom and knowledge -- so little time and bandwidth.
--Vincenzo

Visit my online gallery: Renderosity, a 3D Artist's Community
http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD