[Sca-cooks] Rotten meat and spices...

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 23:32:18 PDT 2005

--- "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:
> As visions of you discussing this with Ras dance in my head... ;-).
> What an opportunity missed in the vagaries of timely coincidence, or
> the lack thereof!
>
> Let's just say I concede the value of a formal education, properly applied.
>
> Adamantius
> --

I don't discredit the value of a formal education, either, Master A.  However, the topics we
'discuss' on this forum are very often ambiguous, and the details lost in the mists of time.  I
simply cannot abide someone claiming 'authority' on these subjects, when there is little more than
speculation and disputed evidence from which to form an opinion.  A person may 'believe' that
their favorite author is correct in their translation, or their description, but without more
*proof* (in the form of surviving documents or other means of verification), they are just
that....beliefs.  If someone wants to wave a university degree in my face, that's fine.  However,
unless their subject matter is based on concrete evidence (such as medicine or the like, and even
that field has a bit of dispute floating about) then they can go hang.

William de Grandfort

Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.