[Sca-cooks] Rotten meat and spices...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Apr 14 04:14:16 PDT 2005

At 03:42 AM 4/14/2005, you wrote:
>What I was trying to suggest is that perhaps the violent illness caused by
>eating rotten food would make you not want to eat whatever had been in
>your stomach when you were sick, ever again.  After the tequila incident,
>I couldn't eat chicken teriyaki (entirely blameless), because it was
>involved with my being so sick.  On the other hand, perhaps I suffer from
>an 'excess of sensibility,' as the Regency writers put it, and have the
>luxury of being fussy.

The night before Annie was born, her dad and I had been to dinner with
friends. I had a large piece of chocolate cream pie for dessert.

Guess what came up when I was in labor? (And I was really, really sick- had
pre-eclampsia.) It was probably ten years before I could eat chocolate
cream pie again, and I love chocolate!

'Lainie