[Sca-cooks] cooking grains in beer

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Apr 20 08:56:52 PDT 2005

At 03:52 AM 4/20/2005, you wrote:
>No, Tyr sings in Old Faroese, not Old Frisian.
>
>http://www.tyr.net/videors.asp?Cmd=9&ID=55

You're right about that. I remembered wrong. But with good reason- Faroese
and Frisian are related, being neighboring branches of the same linguistic
tree, Faroese being in the North Germanic branch, Frisian the West
Germanic. I can't remember if they can be understood by each other. Modern
German and modern Dutch can, but I don't know about the older languages.

'Lainie