[Sca-cooks] cooking grains in beer

Jenn Strobel jenn.strobel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 09:49:54 PDT 2005

Frisia, during that time period (800-1000) was actually a very large
area encompassing what is modernly the Netherlands and Flanders.  They
controlled most of what went on in the North Sea that wasn't being
controlled by the Vikings.

I could write an article about Frisian food, in fact, I already have
the write up that I did for the feast and could just make changes for
you if you'd like.

Let me know what you're looking for and i'll just do a write up based
on that request.

Odriana

On 4/20/05, Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Odriana said:
> > Well, what I have isn't necessarily a recipe as much as a logical
> > conclusion.  I just did a great deal of research into the food that
> > was possibly eaten between 800-1000 in Frisia.  One of the things that
> > made sense would be to cook grains (such as spelt, oats, or barley) in
> > beer.  Not only would it have been available, it would have been very
> > flavourful.
> >
> > I can expand a bit if someone wants to know my reasoning.
>
> Yes, please. Did you find enough information that you could write an
> article on this?
>
> Also, as I'm not that familiar with European regions, where is "Frisia"?
>
> Thanks,
>    Stefan
> --------
>     Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
> StefanliRous at austin.rr.com

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid."
-Frank Zappa