[Sca-cooks] Happy Passover!

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sat Apr 23 18:07:05 PDT 2005

I just returned from a nice, casual Passover at a friend's house.  She's
a very good, creative cook, and we had a rather non-traditional meal.
Homemade chicken soup with matza balls (yum! ultimate comfort food, I
think), using her great-aunt's recipe; and then we had a pie-sized
version of spanakopita, with lots an lots of feta, and latkes with sour
cream and applesauce, and falafel with hummus and tahini.  She's talking
about doing a more traditional feast next year, and I've already
volunteered to bring the charoset, since I remembered that I'd saved all
the recipes for it that folks were posting a couple of years ago.
I've had gravlax--yummmmmmm.  A friend sometimes makes it as her special
dish for winter holiday season potlucks.
What are you going to do with the salmon bits? Use them for stock or
something?
--maire