[Sca-cooks] More on that book - conmercial

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 23 22:11:19 PDT 2005

I'll try my hand at translating. Sometimes i understand and can't put
it in sensible English.

Devra wrote:
>La vie socio-economique durante le regne de Jaume II de Majorque

Socio-economic life during the reign of Juame II of Mallorca

>Les conseils d'hygiene alimentair d'Arnau de Vilanove et leur
>importance dans le societe medievale

The food hygiene advice/guidelines/recommendations of Arnau of
Villanova and their importance in medieval society
(hmmm, this could be about humors)

>Le savoir-vivre a table selon Eiximenis

Table manners according to Eiximenis
(ooh, table manners, something we've been discussing...)

>Premier traites culinaires catalans (inc les sources litteraires)

The first Catalan culinary treatises, including their literary sources

>Les ailentents utilises en pays catalans

The word "ailentents" appears to be a typo - was it "aliments"?

If it was that would be:

The foods used in Catalonia

>Caracteristiques et identite de la cuisine catalane

Characteristics and identity of Catalan cuisine

>Quelques recettes medievales catalanes

Some medieval Catalan recipes

--
Urtatim, formerly Anahita