[Sca-cooks] Curing foods, was: salmon and gravlax

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 26 11:03:14 PDT 2005

I read through Sandor Katz's book before getting started, and he had a few
recipes for low-sodium ferments, I know one used seaweed instead, but of
course that is still a source of salt.  I don't remember what the others
were, but his website is at www.wildfermentation.com - you might check there
and see if he has some listed.  If not, I'll peek at the book next time I'm
at the store (yup, I stood in the store and read what I needed without
buying the book...)
Christianna

Thank you for reminding me! A few years ago there was a recipe in, I
think, The Mother Earth News, for sauerkraut made without salt. By
any chance, would anyone happen to have access to this?

Many thanks for any help on this one; my brother is on an _extremely_
low-sodium diet...

Adamantius