[Sca-cooks] vege proportions

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 26 21:49:02 PDT 2005

Vitha asked:
> I am helping with a feast on Saturday and we have a
> question about vege proportions.  We are making honey
> carrots in home size crock pots.  How many servings to
> ya'll typically get out of something like that? I know
> YMMV, but I would like to avoid turning orange...

Personally, since I am not fond of candied carrots and in many places
in the Known World they seem to have gotten over used, being served
event after event, I would say as little as you can get by with. :-) Of
course, your region may think they are fabulous.

How is your kitchen or event site set up with outlets? If you are going
to have a large number of crock pots you might want to make sure you
bring along a multiple electrical outlet strip along. Even if the site
has a large number of outlets, they may not be in one spot and an
multiple outlet may let you line them up on the same counter where they
are easier to tend to.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas