[Sca-cooks] Bizarre, OT baked chicken recipe

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 3 09:18:53 PDT 2005

A friend of mine sent this, and has asked me if it could be real. It looks sort of dangerous to me, or at least really messy (as the chicken could explode all over your oven). What do you think, hoax or not?

Gianotta

Here is a chicken recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a  stuffing
- imagine that! When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect  for
people like me, who just are not sure how to tell when poultry
is  thoroughly cooked, but not dried out. Give this a try.

BAKED  STUFFED CHICKEN
6-7 lb. baking chicken
1 cup melted  butter
1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is good.)
1 cup  uncooked popcorn
(ORVILLE REDENBACHERS LOW FAT)
Salt/pepper to  taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Brush chicken well with melted butter, salt,
and pepper. Fill cavity with  stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan with the
neck end toward the back of  the oven. Listen for the popping sounds.

When the chicken's ass  blows the oven door open and the chicken flies across
the room, it is  done.