[Sca-cooks]Tomatoes [was: RE: peppermint

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 2 10:43:30 PDT 2005

<snipped>

> Right now I'm in tomato chaos. Not enough to make sauce, but way too
> many to eat
> before they go bad. Even after giving them away. I'm thinking salsa or
> eggplant
> dip.
>
> :)
> Elisabetta

Do you have freezer space?  Tomatoes are the easiest things in the world to
freeze.  Just put them in the freezer, as is.  Once they are frozen, put
them in a plastic bag and return to the freezer.  When you need some for
cooking, you can remove one, or as many as your recipe needs.  While still
frozen, run them under tap water.  The skin will slip right off.  Easy and
handy.

Mairi Ceilidh