[Sca-cooks] OT: reincarnation (was left over rice)

Robin rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 2 20:07:36 PDT 2005

Phlip wrote:

>I guess I must have been Asian in another life- I have NO problem finding
>things to do with leftover rice, and in fact often have to make up a batch
>if I get a taste for something that normally uses up leftover rice,

I once read a science fiction novel* in which reincarnation was a proven
fact.  Those who were wealthy enough to afford the treatment could be
taught to access memories of past lives.  Common objects were used to
trigger memories.  The heroine was handed an antique porcelain bowl, and
immediately plunged into the memories of a past life.  She asked her
trainer, "How did you know I was Chinese in a previous life?"

He replied, "Everyone was Chinese in a previous life."

* "Brain Rose" by Nancy Kress.

--
Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom