[Sca-cooks] rice pudding

Finne Boonen hennar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 09:14:03 PDT 2005

All off you have made me hungry for rice pudding, but rahter the
current day belgian variety: cooked in milk with safron :)

Finne

On 8/3/05, Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:
> Oooh.  Lemon rind would be a nice touch! I'll have to try it sometime.
> --maire, who seems to remember at least a couple of recipes in the Anon.
> Andalusian that involve cooking rice until it's basically disintegrated...
>
> Volker Bach wrote:
>
> > Am Mittwoch, 3. August 2005 02:27 schrieb Huette von Ahrens:
> >
> >>Are we talking an actual sweet rice pudding here?  Or are we talking
> >>blancmange? Because I am having a hard time imagining an sweet rice pudding
> >>served hot ...
> >

> > Well, it's not quite the same thing as rice pudding, but here we traditionally
> > serve 'milk rice' boiled to a mush with lemon rind and sugar, sprinkled with
> > sugar and cinnamon or a fruit compote. Piping hot.
> >
> > Giano

"Maybe you knew early on that your track went from point A to B, but
unlike you I wasn't given a map at birth!" Alyssa, "Chasing Amy"
http://hekla.rave.org/cookbook.html - my crossplatform dieet/recipe app