[Sca-cooks] Re: OP: salsa sans capiscums?

elisabetta at klotz.org elisabetta at klotz.org
Thu Aug 4 11:06:35 PDT 2005

>> Bell peppers are also capsicums and for those of us who
>> are sensitized can be just as much of a problem as their
>> sisters. I find just leaving them out works better.
>> Margarite

As far as I understand it, it's not the heat, but the pepper. I'm not sure if
nightshades (peppers, tomatoes and eggplant) are an allergy or a sensitivity
(or both), but the majority of people get reactions from them, especially the
peppers and eggplants. Most people just get slight reactions, and an upset
tummy or rash is very common.

I do not suffer from this and have picked the eggplants and bell
peppers from my
garden and look forward to cooking them with the numerous tomatoes I picked
earlier this week. Yum!

:)
Elisabetta