Subject: [Sca-cooks] Italian Fried Custards?

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Fri Aug 5 11:45:52 PDT 2005

At 06:03 AM 8/5/2005,Heather Musinski said something like:
>Maggie,
>
>     I peeked into the Libro Novo to see and the only recipe that
> seemed close follows.
>
>57D   TO MAKE FRITTERS WITH ELDERBERRY FLOWERS FOR SIX PLATTERS

<CLIP>

>Anyway, you may want to give it a go! And if it works out e-mail me
>(rachaol at yahoo.com) I'll be at Pennsic starting Saturday, and I
>don't want to miss your comments if you test this one!
>
>Rachaol

I don't have elder flowers or access to them. Isn't Sambucca an
elderflower drink? That could make for interesting stuff.

I had seen this elder flowers dish, but, having no access to elder
flowers, I passed it over. I could try it and substitute some other
floral essence for the elder flowers maybe? I have to try something
tomorrow, at Leodamus Tourney with the outdoor cooking guild, so this
may as well be it. And yes, I'll share commentary when its done!

Regards,
Maggie