[Sca-cooks] Pork issues

caointiarn caointiarn1 at juno.com
Mon Aug 8 15:18:10 PDT 2005

> how does  everyone out there handle this type of situation for feasts??
We feel that  sometimes they hold us "hostage" and refuse to attend feast if
pork is  served...
> Curious, thanks -
> Gab

    Depends on how many meat dishes are being served.   If Pork is going to
be the only meat dish,  they can be told "there is off-board" or  "we will
miss you."   I like pork, and have cooked feasts with it, along with people
who don't  eat pork.  I usually have a 2nd or 3rd meat dish, so they
shouldn't go away hungry.  When I had Royal guests {unexpectedly} who don't
eat pork,  I told them what had pork in it, and made sure when the "mixed"
meat platter when out, they were given a whole roasted chicken platter.

You didn't say how many "they" were  -- if it's half your group, you may
want to compromise.

Caointiarn