[Sca-cooks] Pork issues

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Mon Aug 8 17:23:13 PDT 2005

Was written:

> >We feel that  sometimes they hold us "hostage" and refuse to attend feast
if
> >pork is  served...

Sorry but pork is very period and better priced than beef at least around
here.  You can also do lots of neat period things with a whole roasted pig
as it has nice presence if presented well.  Grapes or olives for eyes and
flame out the mouth if you want to go that far.  People only have power over
you if you let them.  Make the best most reasonable arrangment for them and
then march on.

Was written:

> Yeah, but she says that the person can't even abide the smell of pork.

Hmmm... I do not like the smell of cooking asparagus let alone its taste but
I would never hold a feast to ransom over it or any of my own personal food
foilbles.  It would not be polite or reasonable to do so in my presonal
opinion.

Daniel