[Sca-cooks] allergies vs. sensitivities

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Aug 8 18:56:01 PDT 2005

Mmmm....good question. I've run into folks like that as well, over the
years, but not often.  We're a perishingly small barony, so I'm pretty
much aware of all the major food issues (3 people who don't do pork, a
couple who can't have alcohol, and a handful who don't do mild bell
peppers, but will eat spicier ones <<shrugs at moot point, since the
latter aren't served at my feasts anyways>> Oh, and an incoming baron
who can't be around fish.  So it more resembles cooking for a large
family than a huge event.
If it's no trouble to do go-arounds, I'll gladly do that...like the
other respondents, I offer a variety of non-meat dishes, dishes with
different nuts, some dairy-free dishes, etc., wheat-free dishes, recipes
posted, etc. as a matter of course (no pun intended).  And just about
everyone who's not local is really good about calling ahead.  But if
it's someone pulling a power play, or having "pay attention to ME"
histrionics, I'll just point them to the nearest Denny's.  I have better
things to do with my time than pander to someone's overly sensitive ego.
--maire, who remembers a certain Prince who got three courses of steak,
baked potato, and corn-on-the-cob, because of snarky comments about
period food (not my idea...my best friend's <g>)