[Sca-cooks] Feast

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Tue Aug 9 16:00:22 PDT 2005

>I am a bit cinfused I recieved the recipe at an SCA feast and it is not the first time I have seen included in feast.  Historically speaking there were potatoes in Europe in the 1500's.  I do like the idea of the Losyns with the chicken.

Yes, there were potatoes in Europe from some time in the 16th century.
But roast potatoes with with sage and rosemary to accompany a roast
chicken is not a period recipe afaik.  I'm afraid having had the dish at
a feast doesn't mean much.  On the up side, lozyns makes a great side
dish, enjoyed by all but the very fussiest eaters and easy for
inexperienced cooks to make.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,