[Sca-cooks] Feast

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Wed Aug 10 14:27:11 PDT 2005

Johnna Holloway wrote:

> Simpler might be sald, soup, meat , rice, carrots or another vegetable
> (no potatos as they are NOT medieval or prior to 1500) and then the
> desserts. Is it being done as a sideboard or with servers?

I think this begins to beg the question "what's the point"?  If it's all
very safe and familiar, it's no different from what they're used to
eating at hom-- just a roast beef dinner without the spuds.

> The question remains:  will the teens appreciate and eat the foods?

Some of them will.  In fact, probably a lot of them will.  The very
fussy eaters will be hard to feed regardless of whether the food is
plain or fancy.  And frankly, teens should be grown-up enough to try
things and basically enjoy what's set before them without any amateur
dramatics.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,