[Sca-cooks] Feast

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Aug 10 19:52:11 PDT 2005

Maybe I am somewhat cynical about this because
I am the mother of an American  teenager.  I do a lot of PTO helping out
with foods for  school activities. I helping cater a luncheon
for the freshman football team next week. I know their likes and dislikes.
I know how many are vegetarians these days, how many have food
allergies, how many object to certain foods being served.
I also am a former County Library director with several decades
of experience in programing. I find dinner for 140 coming out
of a library kitchen to be rather anything but simple. Budgeting
hasn't been discussed for this event. Does all the food have to be prepared
onsite due to health and safety regs in that county?
I really want to hear a full report on how this goes. I am curious
to see how the food goes over and what the attendance is.
(I did not by the way suggest roast beef.)
Perhaps teenagers in New Zealand are different.

Johnnae