[Sca-cooks] Fussy eaters

Pat mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 20:26:18 PDT 2005

This is a fairly frequently visited thread on this list.  I have a really hard time with it, because of the way I was raised.  When I was growing up, one ate what was placed in front of one, and at least pretended to like it.  Any thing else was not only extremely rude, it was a waste of food, which was unforgivable.  I still find it insultingly rude when I'm told, "You can't cook that for feast here because so-an-so is allergic to citrus, or nuts, or is a vegetarian."  You don't have to eat what I put before you, and you don't have to work in my kitchen, but please do not dictate what I can or cannot cook based on the food preferences of one or a few.  I have NEVER insisted, or even requested that diabetic friendly food be served at feast just because I am diabetic.  I know how to take care of my own dietary needs, and I expect other adults to do the same.  Children, unless there are health issues, should eat what is placed before them.

Lady Anne du Bosc
known as Mordonna the Cook
Shire of Thorngill, Meridies
Mundanely, Pat Griffin of Millbrook, AL