[Sca-cooks] fish at SCA feasts

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 12 08:28:18 PDT 2005

Fish seems to go over just fine here in the Central West Kingdom.
I've served it at a couple feasts with no problem (and not many
leftovers), and so have other cooks. People like fish - but we get it
fresh. I imagine that in places where they use frozen fish, it may be
less popular - frozen fish tends to taste "fishier" than fresh.

Of course, people around here will try just about any food.

Someone, who doesn't really play anymore, served eel before i joined.
I know she bought them at a local branch of a huge multi-Asian
supermarket chain (Ranch99), and i'm pretty sure they were frozen.
I'll see if anyone remembers how the eel went over...
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita