[Sca-cooks] fish at SCA feasts

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Sat Aug 13 20:26:05 PDT 2005

Back in '85?`86? I helped the head cook plan a meal for a Scandinavian event
called Norsetraef.
We had pickled herring, cheeses, bread, and herb & honey butters for the
first course.
For one of the courses we had baked salmon.
When this feast was being done there had been, so I was told, a series of
bad feasts at other events, so we did not have as many takers for the feast.
At the end of the feast everyone that did attend was stuffed and people were
telling their friends that they should have had feast instead of going out.
The dishes that were not eaten at the feast was the bashed nips and the
strawberry pudding with fatiggmanns. The pudding and cookies were not eaten
because everyone stuffed themselves on salmon and herring. The pudding and
cookies were taken to the post revel.

Lyse