[Sca-cooks] fish at SCA feasts

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 14 09:41:28 PDT 2005

On 8/13/05 6:50 PM, "Alexa" <mysticgypsy1008 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I helped with a feast over in Caid that served Mussels
> and also had a smoked salmon dish that had a mustard
> sauce on it.  I am not one for most seafood.
> (occationally shrimp, scallops and very picky about
> regular fish).  I did not try the mussels, but many
> people enjoyed them.  The salmon, I tried that, and
> for fish, it was pretty yummy.  I dont think we had
> much left over.
>
> Alexa
> Now in VA

Oooh, I think I missed that one.  Which feast was it?

A former protége of mine smoked some salmon on-site at the last Darachshire
Black Oak Lodge and served it with breakfast.  I can be bribed to do some
terrible, horrible things with smoked fish but THIS was truly superior.  A
Fish should feel proud to end up like this.

One of these springtimes, I really do want to do a Lenten meal for a Noble
House.  Not just messes of groats and fish but fancy, no-meat no-dairy
dishes fit for a royal table.

> --- kattratt <kattratt at charter.net> wrote:
>> I urge folks to understand all sensitivities and
>> keep a clean kitchen.
>> Even when they don't have a kitchen.
>> Sorry but my exwife is sensitive to sugar and it is
>> a reaction that I
>> have never enjoyed....
>> Nichola
>> Yeah you read that right.

Um, exwife?  I thought you were a young'un, maybe I'm remembering wrong but
weren't you under 18 the last time I looked?  Under 21 anyway?  Jeez.  OK, I
seem to be operating under the bias that 22 was too young for me to have
gotten married, since I'm getting unmarried at last, but still.  Hugs if you
need'em.

Selene Colfox, Caid
selene at earthlink.net