[Sca-cooks] Re: shish kabab response #1

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Aug 21 08:43:49 PDT 2005

We did flaming plum puddings for the very first event I was ever
event/feast steward for (sort of a joint-responsibility thing with a
more experienced member of our shire...we wanted to do a "Winter Revel,"
so it had a Traditional Christmas theme.  I plead ignorant-but-willing
newby status for thinking medieval cooking resembled victorian stuff.
<g>  I got better with age!).  IIRC, we used sugar cubes soaked in
high-proof alcohol (probably brandy).
--maire, off to finish her morning tea, and pick apricots from the
neighbors' tree (gonna make "sugarplums" out of them, hopefully!)