[Sca-cooks] Fwd: New Feudal Gourmet Pamphlet!

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 21 18:29:16 PDT 2005

Please DISCARD my previous message with this SUBJECT line.

It did not contain the final approved text and may contain some
inaccuracies. I was so excited to hear the news that i jumped the gun
in sending it.

Below is the NEW! IMPROVED! ACCURATE! version and the one to consult
if you want to order one booklet or the whole set

--------------

Subject:  New Feudal Gourmet Pamphlet!

The Madrone Culinary Guild is happy to announce that we have a new
Feudal Gourmet pamphlet available!

Based on our fabulous Marco Polo banquet of 2003, 'Silk Road: A
Culinary Journey to the East' provides recipes from 3 medieval
cultures: Italy, the Middle-east and Asia, along with historical
context and information about the cuisines and recipes.  Try our
fabulous Chicken Ambrosino, chicken stewed with dried fruit
reminiscent of sweet barbecue sauce, or a creamy Basil sauce on
miniature stuffed Eggplants.   You WANT these recipes - you WANT this
pamphlet!

Only $3.
And now when you buy the full set, the 11 Feudal Gourmet pamphlets
are discounted to $30.
Ordering details and information on the full series below.

--------------------------------

The Madrone Culinary Guild (Seattle, WA) produces a series of small
pamphlets called the Feudal Gourmet series.  Each Recipe includes the
original medieval text when possible & then our modern reconstruction
(with a translation into English if necessary):

* NEW!  Silk Road: A Culinary Journey to the East - a collection of
recipes from medieval Venice, Baghdad and Mongolia, with supporting
information on each cuisine. $3

* A Culinary Reference Manual - our pamphlet of what foods are
medieval, how to reconstruct recipes etc., includes an extensive
bibliography & glossary of medieval culinary terms. $3

* Exploring Italian Renaissance Cuisine: A reprint of two papers from
the Oxford Symposium on Food and Cookery, one on fish consumption,
the other on a feast menu from the Italian Renaissance.  Includes
several recipes reconstructed from contemporary sources. $3

* A Dinner from Moghul India - Recipes from the court of Akbar the
Great, along with information on 16th-17th century foods of India. $3

* Dining on the Edge, Volume I: Hors d'Oeuvres, Side Dishes & Entrees
- A collection of recipes from 16th & 17th century Europe, primarily
England. $3

* Dining on the Edge, Volume II: Desserts & the Banqueting Course - A
collection of recipes from 16th & 17th century Europe, primarily
England. $3

* A Brief Overview of Early Spanish Cuisine - a collection of recipes
from 4 different periods (13th to the 17th century), and discussion
of Spanish cuisine in general. $3

* French Food in The Renaissance - A collection of recipes from Late
Period France (mostly La Varenne). $3

* An Apician Feast - our pamphlet on Roman cookery. Excellent recipes
and discussion of Roman food in general.  $2

* A Weekend at the Staggering Hedgehog Inn - a collection of (mostly)
15th century English recipes arranged as a weekends worth of meals. $3

* Fall Inn - a small collection of (mostly) English 14th century
Foods mentioned in the writings of Chaucer. $2

-------

The complete set of 11 pamphlets is only $30
We hope to have various other pamphlets available soon.

-------

Checks should be made out to The Madrone Culinary Guild for the cost
of the cookbooks you are ordering plus postage.  We generally ask for
$1.50 in postage for 1 large or 2 small pamphlets (you can tell size
by cost $3=lg, $2=sm), and $4.50 postage for a full set of 11, and
after that we have to weigh them...
Send checks to:
The Madrone Culinary Guild
5403 - 6th Ave NW
Seattle WA 98107

Please contact us via our website http://www.liripipe.com/mcg/Contact.htm
with any questions.
Thank you.

Prices subject to change as postal rates and printing prices force us.  All
info given in US dollars based on continental US destination.

-------