[Sca-cooks]Fountains was: Casa Bardicci Subtlety Contest

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Aug 24 11:46:06 PDT 2005

Found this mention---

For visible evidence of food in history, Prof. Rocke’s class, which
numbered fourteen students, visited the Cleveland Museum of Art
<http://www.clemusart.com/>. Students were shown various depictions of
food, artifacts, and containers for food, and they discovered a
fourteenth-century French table fountain. The fountain has a hidden
pumping mechanism that produces a continuous fountain of wine. “It is a
mechanically ingenious device and a work of art,” Prof. Rocke says.

http://www.case.edu/pubs/cwrumag/spring2001/features/foodthought/index.shtml

The interactive feature that showed how it worked is mentioned in the
exhibit sections but that appears to have never been part of the
website. It was just for the public attending the show.

Johnnae