[Sca-cooks] Basque Food

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 27 07:00:35 PDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius.magister at verizon.net>

I believe that Brighid referred to them as, essentially, not
blatantly non-period. And this is a Spanish recipe, after all, but
capsicums of all sorts do appear to have been in use somewhat earlier
in parts of Southern Europe than, say, in England. My suspicion is
that Brighid knows full well they're New World, and was admitting to
some possibility, even if less likely, that they were used anyway.

It's a kind explanation, but incorrect.  I goofed -- I was thinking about capers.

Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom