[Sca-cooks] Pelican Killed in House Fire

Sharon Gordon gordonse at one.net
Mon Dec 12 08:48:50 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Vallawulf Rurikson
To: SCA-911 at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 11:23 AM
Subject: [SCA-911] Mistress Pia Dragonsaver Killed in House Fire

A house fire swept through a home in Willow, Alaska on Monday,
December 5, 2005, killing Mistress Pia Dragonsaver, Pel. (Laurie
McCutcheon).

McCutcheon, 49, was a respected member of the emergency services
community, a former Mat-Su Borough medic, and ambulance service chief
for a few years.

Mistress Pia (or Piasa) Dragonsaver was a member of the Order of the
Pelican, a Baroness of the Court of the West, a member of the Orders
of the Rose Leaf and the Leaf of Merit, and received a Queen's Cypher
from HRM Lachlin. Pia also was recognized in Oertha with the
following: A Companion of the Diamond Willow, membership in the Order
of the Snowy Owl, and the Oerthan Order of Grace. She served on the
courts of Kareina and Cedrin as a Lady of the Chamber, and was given
the Princess' Riband by Sorcha and Esperanza.

"I knew Piasa, although not well, I considered her a friend. I know
that over the years we didn't see eye to eye on some things, but she
was a founding member of the Selviergard Trolls, and they were an
interesting bunch (and I didn't see eye to eye with most of them
about some things -- I generally liked them and I think vice-versa,
but ...). I liked her because she stuck by her beliefs, but was
reasonable most of the time and would listen to the other point of
view. I won't get all teary eyed, but I am sorry to hear about her
passing. She was a rock in a group that's had a lot of turmoil, and I
know she'll be missed. I am glad I got to talk to her a little when I
went to Anchorage for Kylson's memorial last year. We chatted once in
awhile in email since -- she read SCA-West although she didn't post
much. She would sometimes drop me a note off-list and we'd talk about
whatever the discussion was ... sigh." -- Hirsch von Henford (12/2005)

For more information, see www.SCAtoday.net

I am checking with the Baron & Baroness to see if the family needs
any help. Stay tuned.

Vallawulf

      Hobby supply  Witch craft supply  Hobby