[Sca-cooks] grilled Cuban sandwiches?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 18 23:49:13 PST 2005

Talking about grilled cheese sandwiches, Adamantius mentioned:
> Onions, tomatoes,
> bacon, ham are all good, but I generally reserve mustard and/or mayo
> for "melts", be they burgers, tuna or chicken salad, or the ultimate,
> a grilled Cuban sandwich.

We've been talking about grilled cheese sandwiches and I've heard of
grilled fish sandwiches, but what is a "grilled Cuban sandwich"?

I know that Cubans are hardly an endangered species in this country
and that the government pays a lot of attention to the ones that are
here with special privileges and such, but I'm not sure where I would
get one here in my area, although they are common in south Florida.
Do Cubans add a special spice to a sandwich which isn't available
with other varieties? :-) :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas