[Sca-cooks] Cooking course offered by the Getty Museum in Los Angeles.

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 00:09:55 PST 2005

Here is an announcement just sent to me.  Unfortunately, I
can't go to anything mid-week, but for those in the area
or those planning to be in LA at this time, I am posting
it here.  I am told that the lecturer is excellent.

Huette

Dining with History: From Maestro Martino's Art of Cooking to Pellegrino Artusi's Science in the
Kitchen (Gallery Course)
Thursday December 8, 2005 3 pm
Museum Lecture Hall, Getty Center

In this two-part course, Luigi Ballerini, professor of
Italian, UCLA, and editor of The Art of Cooking, examines
some of the most significant Italian cookbooks in history
and what they can tell us about Renaissance society and
politics. Sessions include lectures and gallery discussions
of related works of art. Complements the exhibition "Drawings
from Leonardo to Titian: A North Italian Itinerary." The
course concludes with a tasting of sparkling wines from
northern Italy and commentary from Ballerini and Julian
Brooks, assistant curator of drawings, the J. Paul Getty
Museum.
Course fee $20; wine tasting fee $20. Limited to 60
participants.
Part One: December 8, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Part Two: December 15, 3:00-5:00 p.m.