[Sca-cooks] macaroni and cheese

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 8 08:41:35 PST 2005

As this is a "hand-me-down" from my mother, I don't have any quantities, but here's how it's made:

Boil macaroni until it is al dente.  Spray a casserole with Pam or some other butter-flavored (or veggie-oil flavored) spray.  Put in a layer of the noodles, followed by a layer of SHARP cheddar cheese and a few pats of butter.  Continue layering of noodles, cheese and butter to the top of the dish, ending with the butter.  Mix eggs (for a quart dish, I use about 2 eggs) and some milk (the mixture should be less eggy than if making scrambled eggs), along with salt and pepper.  Pour mixture over the contents of the casserole and bake at 350 until firm all the way through.

By the way, leftovers are wonderful sliced and fried in butter (or Nature's Balance...I think that's what the stuff is called) for breakfast the next morning!

Kiri
From: Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>