[Sca-cooks] Lebkuchen question

Helen Schultz helen.schultz at comcast.net
Fri Dec 9 17:31:10 PST 2005

Gwen Cat:

According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebkuchen) it is from
the 13th century.

This site http://www.serve.com/shea/germusa/lebkuch.htm says it is 14th
century.

Nuerenberger Lebkuchen's site
http://www.lebkuchen.nuernberg.de/englische_version/namen.html just says it
is Medieval.

Hope this helps you a little.  None of the sites I saw go into in-depth
details about the history, though.  I just did a Google search <shrug>, but
then, I love the stuff (and can't eat much of it anymore because of health
concerns <sigh>)... the best I've purchased was from E. Otto Schmidt
Lebkuchen.

Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana)  http://narrental.home.comcast.net
Middle Kingdom

The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark."  -- Michaelangelo