[Sca-cooks] It Sounds Like...

Simon Hondy scholari at verizon.net
Sat Dec 10 08:34:07 PST 2005

Booger equating to nasal phlegm, and the equivalent of bogey in the UK.  Yes
the Harry Potter books use bogey as in one of the flavors of Bertie Bott's
Any Flavor Jelly Beans "there are Bogey flavored ones"  or as Ron said, and
in the movie, "Oh... I think I got a bogey flavored one"

Booger can be thought of the polite company term for bugger.
Bugger being a lot more acceptable than the obvious base "F" word.
Bugger is also tends to be thought of as a more U.K. type word which is
finding uses in the U.S.

Boogers are boogers the world over, pronounced with a long "O" or  short
"O".  If pronounced with a "U" as in the word "bug" then it no longer means
the nasal mucus, and if being used to mean that some one's pronunciation
needs to be corrected.

My only basis in the knowledge of this is 10 years of world travel immersed
in base human colloquialisms, AKA I talk like a sailor.

Simon Hondy
"Cum Omni humilitate
faciant ipsas artes"
  -St. Benedict