[Sca-cooks] macaroni and cheese

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 11 00:42:31 PST 2005

 > Betsy Marshall wrote:
 >> "oops" - left on the stove, starting to disintegrate.
 >>
 > We call these "worms" at our house, when you leave the spaghetti in
 > the water until it absorbs its maximum.
<<<<

Yep. I remember the first time I helped cook spaghetti. This was in
the Boy Scouts and my patrol was cooking spaghetti for dinner.
Someone had told the cook that you didn't need to stir the spaghetti,
just put it in the boiling water and let it cook. The bottom strands
were as you describe, while the top ones were rather crunchy.

I've never forgotten to stir pasta since then. :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com