[Sca-cooks] CHEESE!

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Dec 14 20:48:21 PST 2005

Rice is okay, right? What about a casserole with rice and the cheese, and
veggies like broccoli? There's a recipe for something like that in a
cookbook I've got, called "The Enchanted Broccoli Forest." (both the book
and the recipe)  You put the grain-goo in the bottom of the casserole, and
stick steamed broccoli spears in the top, like little trees, drizzle the
whole thing with some sort of  lemon/butter sauce, cover with foil, and
bake.  You could enhance the rice/cheese mixture with a milk-free
sauce--like, maybe, a mushroom sauce made with a dairy alternative of some
sort?
--Maire