[Sca-cooks] Snow and Storms

Patrick Levesque petruvoda at videotron.ca
Thu Dec 15 04:07:26 PST 2005

Funnily enough, for socio-cultural reasons that may be too long to
investigate, poutine has become somewhat of a national meal for French
Canadians. (Tongue in cheek, I may add that some people suggest that it's
all we deserve, anyway :-))

Although it definitely is cold weather comfort food, it is also frequently
enjoyed in warmer weather, especially at 3AM when the bars close and plenty
of inebriated students rush to the neighbourood greasy spoon for a quick
meal before returning home.

Mind you, some would still call it a culinary experiment, not a meal, but
there are some things you just don't argue about :-)) There is something
quintessentially satisfying in the squeaky cheese curds, barely melted under
the scalding gravy, and the crisp fries underneath...

Petru