[Sca-cooks] Cooking/recipe database software

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Thu Dec 15 13:40:59 PST 2005

I'm going through that shuffle between old and new computer again, and I'm
working on a feast for 12th night, so up comes the usual question regarding
recipe manipulation software.

What works? REALLY works?

I adored mealmaster, but its still a DOS app, and isn't very
transportable/upgradeable. (For some reason my old version has NONE of the
herbal simples I know i put into it, and now i can't find the herbal simple
recipes either).

Master Cook was interesting, but it kept causing duplications that really
screwed up the shopping list.

I looked at Home Cooking, but the interface was just too inconvenient.

Is there something out there that is EASY to enter recipes into? (Or maybe
just import the whole damn thing and it automagically puts it in the right
format)  I also need to scale recipes up or down, then print shopping lists
broken down by dish (for breaking out the dishes later) without having 16
T. shortening and 3 c. shortening on the same list.

Do I just want too much?

Cheers,
Maggie