[Sca-cooks] Re: Bread machine-

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Dec 16 09:32:54 PST 2005

Online--- try http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/
and search under bread-machine breads.
There are a lot of recipes offered there.
Bookwise--
Right now Jessica's Biscuit has Electric Bread on sale for
$4.98. I think that it was also a freebie if you order over $40.
This was my basic cookbook for bread machine breads.
I've always thought that volume 5 of Donna Rathmell German's
Bread Machine Cookbooks was the best of her early series. She's got
another new
one out that's pretty inexpensive.
The New Bread Machine Cookbook  at 8.95. I haven't seen this one yet.
You might also take a look at
Rustic European Breads from Your Bread Machine at a library or bookstore
and see if that would be what you want. It's still a more expensive volume.
It does offer some unusual recipes.
You'll have to play around with the recipes and the machine in any case.
I don't have my recipes online, so I can't just hit a switch and
download a few for
you. You might head to the local public library and xerox a few to try if
you want something other than those offered by King Arthur. I am sure
there ought to be at least a few cookbooks in the library that have
whole wheat loaves in them.

Johnnae