[Sca-cooks] OOP: Cheez Sammichez

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Dec 16 19:40:18 PST 2005

I have a panini grill now so I tend to use that.
but,
I grew up eating grilled cheese made by my Dad.
Butter both sides of two slices of bread. Preheat a skillet
to medium. Place cheese between the bread slices and put
the sandwich in the skillet. Press down. Then turn over and
grill on the other side. Press down again. When browned nicely, it's done.
This was the Midwest long before artisanal cheeses. We used
Velveeta.

Johnnae