[Sca-cooks] OOP: Cheez Sammichez

Kathleen Madsen kmadsen12000 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 17 16:32:25 PST 2005

LOL!  I just made grilled cheese sammichez for my
lunch and am beginning to munch as I catch up on mail
- which is oddly enough about grilled cheese
sammichez.

I have a couple of methods, the first has already been
mentioned numerous times, buttered and in a skillet.
The other is my favorite and the one that I made
today.  Lightly toast the bread, lay it on a plate and
spread with butter, sprinkle with herbs of ones choice
(I usually use a garlic herb blend) and place cheese
on top.  Almost any cheese will do, but we tend to use
American Kraft slices, which is the only reason I buy
the stuff.  Heat the broiler to high and place the
open faced sandwiches underneath.  Keep a careful eye
on them so they don't burn too much, but you'll find
the cheese will puff up and begin to brown.  I peel
off the browned layer and eat it first - deelish!

Mom would always serve with tomato soup, which I make
with plenty of milk so it's more of a bisque.  Yummy.

Eibhlin