[Sca-cooks] And now for something totally different

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Dec 22 17:18:26 PST 2005

Take turkey -- suspend in the pot.
Pour water in and around the turkey
until it covers it.
Measure that water. That's the amount of oil you use.
My friend's husband  just  dumped gallons of oil
into the pot, heated it and then suspended the turkey in it.
The oil boiled up and over the turkey and  then overflowed the
pot and ran out on their new slate paving stones.
Could have been a really nasty accident. They had instead
nasty damage to the new slate. I gather the bird tasted wonderful.

Johnnae