[Sca-cooks] Re: a slight rant on logic (was Sauerbraten)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 1 14:30:55 PST 2005

Vitha commented:
> *Sigh*
> As the author of the initial post, I suppose I should say something...
>
> I was tossing around menu options with the head cook of the feast and
> Sauerbraten was brought up.  I wanted to research the dish and see if
> it was
> a possible to serve something "like" it at feast - maybe not exactly,
> but a
> similar process (I'm betting the modern "add sour cream" part is right
> out).
So, why do you think the modern "add sour cream" part is right out? As
a medieval cooking technique? Or are you referring specifically as a
process used in period Saurbraten like recipes? I've not looked at a
modern Saurbraten recipe. although after this discussion I might just
have to.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas