[Sca-cooks] invalid food

Pat mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 15:00:47 PST 2005

Anyone have any suggestions?  My six year old grandson is in the hospital with pneumonia, and isn't eating.  They've got him on IV fluids, but he only weighed 41 lbs when he went in yesterday, and he's dropped another pound and a half overnight.  Any suggestions on what might tempt him to eat?  We've offered ice cream and all his favorite foods.  He said he'd eat some chicken nuggets, so I went ten miles to the nearest Mickey D's, and he ate half of one.  He loves root beer, but he won't even taste one.  I'm about at the end of my wits.

Mordonna

Pat Griffin
Lady Anne du Bosc
known as Mordonna the Cook