[Sca-cooks] invalid food

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Feb 1 15:17:42 PST 2005

At 03:00 PM 2/1/2005, you wrote:
>Anyone have any suggestions?  My six year old grandson is in the hospital
>with pneumonia, and isn't eating.  They've got him on IV fluids, but he
>only weighed 41 lbs when he went in yesterday, and he's dropped another
>pound and a half overnight.  Any suggestions on what might tempt him to
>eat?  We've offered ice cream and all his favorite foods.  He said he'd
>eat some chicken nuggets, so I went ten miles to the nearest Mickey D's,
>and he ate half of one.  He loves root beer, but he won't even taste
>one.  I'm about at the end of my wits.

Oh my!

Can he have milk products? (Sometimes they nix milk when you're having
respiratory problems.) Would he take a little egg nog or maybe a bit of
custard or pudding? Or popsicles- my kids liked popsicles when they were sick.

Do keep us posted- and make sure that you eat properly yourself- don't need
two of you sick!

'Lainie