[Sca-cooks] Sultan's Book of Delights-- late 15th century

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 00:43:44 PST 2005

Hi!

My copy arrived today! [Saturday, Feb. 5th]

I have spent quite some time pouring over it.

At first, I was somewhat disappointed as 2/3rds
of the book is the facsimile of the original,
which is printed in black and white.  However,
once I started reading the text and the recipes,
about 130 pages or so, I grew more excited.  Not
all the recipes are for food, but that is okay
because what food recipes there are are
interesting.  The author has taken out the
colored miniatures from the text and printed them
in full color with a brief description of what
the people in them are doing.

Huette

--- Johnna Holloway

=====