[Sca-cooks] Getting a job...OOP, OT, kinda funny, actually...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Feb 9 12:26:09 PST 2005

So I'm applying for an online job, and part of the process involves giving
them a time to call, answering the phone, and dealing with an online
interview. Here I sit, waiting for the call at 1 PM, and a few minutes
before 1, the phone rings, I go to listen to the answering machine- Yes,
it's the interviewer, so I go to pick up the handset, and it's missing. By
the time I get to the other handset, the interviewer has finished her spiel
and hung up.

Call back, and hafta leave a message on voicemail. Do so, figuring that's
likely screwed me up for the job, and lo and behold, she calls me back ;-)
Get through the interview, and I'm ready for the next stage.

Wonder what will screw up this time? When I was applying, I got to the part
where it says "...and if you don't finish this in one shgot, you'll be
disqualified" and the connection went out.

Wish me luck, folks, as I wonder what will go wrong next. Was on my way to
an interview last week, for a job at a RennFaire as a blacksmith and the
truck died in he middle of I-95...

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.