[Sca-cooks] RE: An Idea was Scary Period Food

Joanne Clyde jmknoppe at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 9 18:11:58 PST 2005

*Snip*
Maybe it would help if we got together a file, site, leaflet, something
of some of the more straightforward later recipes. Perhaps include a
chart with temperatures and measurement equivalencies. A few basic
techniques (almond milk,anyone??) that they might not be used to. A
glossary. (Or at least, pointers to all the above - places to find
things.) It would still be a jump for someone used to Betty Crocker, but
not a blind leap over a chasm. A place to point people to.

Geertruyt? You're our obvious Courageous Transitional Cook - would
something like that help you? Anyone else in the same or similar
position? (I know you're out there...*G*) Anything we should add or
leave out?

****
I really think that would be a very valuable thing.  I like that idea, and
if I could have found something like that ALL IN ONE PLACE, I probably would
be a little more confident.  And just because mundanely I'm a teacher... a
step by step "This is how to redact a basic recipe."

One page that has links to original sources, a glossary, basic recipes,
measuerment stuff, techniques, and step-by-step how to redact.  That is
something that I think would be REALLY valuable to someone like me.

Geertruyt